United Arab Emirates
ABOUT THE COUNTRY
If you want to plunge into an oriental fairy tale, you need to plan a vacation in the United Arab Emirates. Until recently it was a bare desert, but now the United Arab Emirates is one of the richest countries in the world. The tallest building in the world, the largest singing fountain, the largest shopping mall, artificial islands, snow slopes, huge aquariums – everything here is the best!
In winter, from December to February, the weather in the UAE is warm and sunny: +20…+30 °C. The water temperature on the open beaches of the Persian Gulf is from +17 °C in winter to +35 °C in summer. The best time to travel is from October to May. During the summer period, from May to September, the daily air temperature reaches +45 °C, while high humidity is felt.
Citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan have the right to enter and leave the territory of the United Arab Emirates without a visa, cross it and stay there for a period not exceeding 30 (thirty) days from the date of entry, through checkpoints open for international traffic.
The UAE currency is dirhams and fils (100 fils equals 1 dirham). In the world classification, the currency unit is designated as AED (ISO 4217 standard), however, in practice, in shops, restaurants and other places you can often find such designations: DH, Dh, Dhs. For the convenience of tourists in the Emirates, there are almost everywhere international designations, and purely local, Arabic, can be found only in non-tourist places.
Most often, exchange offices are located at airports and large malls. You can pay in dollars and euros, but the exchange rate is considered unfavorable. In addition, due to the specifics of Emirati banknotes and coins (they have Indo-Arabic numerals), you can fall for scammers and be left with nothing. We recommend taking euros or dollars on your trip – they can be exchanged everywhere.
- Burj Khalifa – the tallest building in the world with a height of 828 m (Dubai);
- Singing Fountain – the largest fountain of this type in the world (Dubai);
- Man-Made Palm Islands (Dubai);
- Water park “Wild Wadi”, an area of 5 hectares (Dubai);
- Sheikh Zayed Mosque (Abu Dhabi);
- Ferrari World Theme Park (Abu Dhabi);
- Fort Al Jahili (Al Ain);
- Al Jazeera Park (Sharjah).
- Travel tips for the United Arab Emirates is a list of rules that are best not to break.
- You can not drink alcohol on the streets, beaches – in general, the ban is valid in all public places
- You can’t take pictures of local women, and even so that they
- Accidentally caught in the frame – this is a very strong violation of local laws
- Local men cannot be photographed without asking their permission
- Alcohol in the UAE can be freely bought on site or in a restaurant