ABOUT THE COUNTRY
The Maldives is an archipelago of thousands of islands washed by the Indian Ocean, with white sand and rich nature. Placing them in the center of the equator has already proven its uniqueness. Eternal summer, tranquility, a variety of entertainment and a high level of service are ideal for a family or romantic getaway. If you want to have the most memorable vacation of your life, head to the Maldives. These paradise islands will not leave anyone indifferent. The pristine nature is combined here with first-class service, and beach holidays can be combined with active pastime.
Being in the Maldives, you will not be bored, whether you are just a vacationing tourist or an extreme veteran, newlyweds or a married couple. A varied entertainment program will find its visitors. Here you can see the colorful and vibrant culture of the local Aboriginal people, gourmet cuisine, and a visit to the spa will help your body relax and your soul calm down.
Despite the fact that the climate on the island is warm and temperature fluctuations throughout the year, the holiday season in the Maldives is divided into dry winters and wet summers from 11 to 4 months sunny, sunny, the sea is calm, the water is clear and clean. Heavy rains are typical for a period of 5 to 10 months, while precipitation is usually short-lived. Humidity is high, but the windy weather makes it seem negligible.
At the same time, the water temperature in the sea rarely drops below 25°, and the daily air temperature averages 30°.
Citizens of Kazakhstan and the CIS do not need a visa to the Maldives. But it is still worthwhile to issue a health insurance policy for the entire duration of the trip.
The official currency is the Maldivian Rufiyaa. One rufiyaa contains 100 lari. In circulation there are banknotes of 500, 100, 50, 20, 10, 5 and 2 rufiyaas and coins of 50, 25, 10, 5, 2 and 1 lari. Payments at hotels can be made in both Maldivian Rufiyaas and US dollars. Visa, American Express, Master Card and travelers checks are accepted for payment.
- The most popular attractions are located on the main island of the country – Male. Here you can visit the Great Friday Mosque, the tomb of Mohammed Takurufan, the Jimuri-Maidana park. You can also book a sightseeing tour by helicopter and fly over all the atolls of the country.
- The beach season in the Maldives lasts all year round. The main occupation here is to do nothing. Nevertheless, active recreation here is associated with the sea.
- Surfing, windsurfing, kitesurfing. There are quite a few centers for beginners. Almost every luxury hotel has such a center. For experienced surfers, we can recommend North and South Male Atoll, where it is easy to come from month to month to enjoy the energy of the waves.
Diving, diving. More than 1000 outlandish fish live in the underwater world of this region.
- The period from May to May is considered the best for diving and dive safari
Fishing. Fishing from the coast is prohibited, but you can go to the open sea by renting a dhoni or a yacht. From 9 to 5 months are the best conditions for fishing. In the waters of the Indian Ocean, you can catch a lot of trophy specimens that will delight true lovers.
- It is forbidden to import alcohol into the Maldives, and it is forbidden to collect corals in the country – both living and already dead.
- Ferries are the cheapest way to travel between islands and atolls, but speedboats are much faster. The first will cost 2-5 dollars, the second 20+.
- The capital of the state – Male – can be completely bypassed in one and a half to two hours. Of the attractions in it, it is worth highlighting the National Museum in Sultana Park, as well as the local market where you can find excellent fruits and fish. We will not even remind you of the need to bargain on the market.